Systemic Conferences by Organisation
NOTE: this page is phasing out. Please refer to the Conferences by Date
International Systemic-Functional Congress (ISFC)
The Major Systemic Conference, held since the Seventies.
- ISFC46 2019 Santiago, Chile. Pre conference institute: 17-29 July. Main conference: 22-26 July.
- ISFC47 2020 - Guangzhou, China
- ISFC48 2021 - probably Europe.
- ISFC49 2022 - probably Australia.
- ISFC50 2023 - Cardiff, UK
Functional Linguistics Conference
A European branch of the school. Initially known as the
Systemic Workshop, and then changed to the Euro-Internalional
Systemic-Functional Workshop. Between 2005 and 2014, it is known as the European
SFL Conference and Workshop. Conferences have been in
Nottingham (1992), Madrid (1993), Antwerp (1994), Valencia (1995),
Nottingham (1996), Halle (1997), Liverpool (1998), Gent (1999), Glasgow
(2000). Brest (2001), Lisbon (2002), Leeds (2003), Miraflores, Spain
(2004) London (2005), Gorizia, Italy (2006), Saarbrucken, Germany
(2007), Helsinki (2008), Cardiff (2009), Koper (2010), Bertinoro
(2012), Coventry (2013), Paris (2014), Aachen (2015), Salzburg (2016), Salamanca (2017), Pavia (2018):
- 2019 - Polytechnic Institute, Leiria, Portugal, Convenor : Marta Filipe Alexandre. Main conference: 3-5 July. pre-conference institute: 1,2 July-
- 2020 July 1-4 Sheffield, U.K., Convenor: Nick Moore.
- 2021: Odense, Denmark, Convenor: Alexandra Holsting.
Australian Systemic Functional Linguistics
The Australian branch of the school. See their web-site here. Recent
been in Adelaide (??), Brisbane (1994), Sydney (??), Wollongong
(1997), Adelaide (1998), Sydney (2002), Adelaide (2003), Brisbane
(2004), Armidale (2006), Sydney (2007), Kelvin Grove(2009), Adelaide
(2010), Armidale (2011), Melbourne (2013), Sydney (2014), Brisbane (2015), Sydney (2016), Adelaide (2018)
The Chinese branch of the school. Alternates between the Chinese
Systemic Conference, and a conference on discourse analysis.
- 2018, October 20-21, International Forum of Systemic Functional Linguistics: New Directions of Systemic Functional Linguistics, Peking University, China.
For more information, email: email@example.com
Japan Association of Systemic Functional
The Japanese branch of the school. Click here
- JASFL 2013 Autumn Conference: October 12, 13, Kanagawa University, Yokohama.
Contact Noriko Ito (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Latin American Systemic Functional Linguistics Association
The Latin American association. See association website here.
- 2013 IIX Congreso ALSFAL. Pontificia Universidad Cat�lica de Chile. Convenor: Teresa Oteiza. 8-11 October.
- 2014 X Congreso ALSFAL. Mendoza, Argentina (overlapping with the ISFC).
- 2015 XI Congreso ALSFAL. Santa Maria, Brazil
- 2016 XII Congreso ALSFAL. Colombia. Convenor: Gillian Moss.
- 2017 XIII Congreso ALSFAL. Cordoba, Argentina
- 2018 XIV Congreso ALSFAL. Brazil (to be confirmed)
North American Systemic Functional Linguistics Association
2016 meeting: The 2016 meeting of NASFLA will be held at the American
Association of Applied Linguistics Conference, 2016 in Orlando, FL
Sunday, April 10 12:45-1:55pm in Hilton Orlando, Lake Highland B.